Training center opens in Manila
Minister of Foreign Affairs Børge Brende opened Norwegian Shipowners’ Associations training center in Manila on Friday the 25th of November.
Norway and the Philippines have long traditions of collaboration when it comes to educate seafarers from the Philippines. With the new training facility in Manila seafarers will train and be educated on the most advanced systems delivered by KONGSBERG.
-We are proud to be part of this facility and to contribute to Norwegian Shipowners’ Association focus on safety in the maritime sector, says Hege Skryseth, President Kongsberg Digital.
Over the years more than 100.000 seafarers from the Philippines has been educated through the collaboration between Norway and the Philippines. The training center was established in 1990 and with the opening of the new facility Philipino seafarers will be able to train on KONGSBERG simulation technology which will support the NSA’s objective of improving the human factor in ship operation.
The full simulator scope of supply consists of:
• 1 Full mission forward and aft bridge with DP2 (K-Sim Offshore)
• 1 Forward bridge with optional DP 2 and aft bridge (K-Sim Navigation)
• 3 Deep Sea navigation trainers (K-Sim Polaris) with GMDSS
• 2 K-Pos DP trainers DNV class B (K-Sim DP simulator)
• 3 K-Pos Basic trainers with DP software (K-Pos DP simulator)
• 1 Offshore crane simulator and slinger & banks man stations
• 1 Full mission engine simulator. 6 Desktop engine room simulators